Friday 31 May 2013

Friday- May 31st

June 1

Hola, amazing day in Champerico. This morning I did a home visit to Mikeal who a Hardisty family sponsored. He is Mayan and 6 yrs old, he has 7 siblings and Grandma takes care of them while Mama n Papa work in the cane fields. Their home is 1 room with dirt floor, the family speaks Man and being they were new to the program they did not understand and they thought we were coming to take the child back to Canada. The social worker explained no and I told Grandma I could see the love she has for her children and family was important. Mikeal hung on to his Grandma and they were all interested in the pics I had to share. I had brought a little JD tractor and his eyes lit up when he finally got it unwrapped. I don't believe he's ever had a wrapped gift. I was glad I was able to visit him on behalf of his sponsor family. Annette who is also an Alberta girl had a bag of dolls she had knit and ao had gifts fir the other children gathered around.
Then off to the nutrition center where I fed babies and others filled 600 bags to be handed out on Sun at the Feast of Corpus Christi. Lunch n then out to the Building site for Mass and after the kids danced for us and they had a banana eating contest for 4 Moms and a Coke driinking race for 2 Grandmas. 2 sponsor children were there Elder who is ours and Orilia who sponsor family is from Galahad. We were so happy to see each other and they stayed by my side till we left. What can I say a truly amazing day. Off to supper now love u all.




1. Mikeal n familia looking at pics from home.
2. Mikeal



















No comments:

Post a Comment