Thursday 6 June 2013

Hasta Luego -June 6

My 1st day back home and when I open my email this is the message that is there from Neal Donald Walsch whom I get inspirational messages from.

On this day of your life, Sharon, I believe God wants you to know...
...that words may help you understand something, but
experience allows you to know.

Yesterday as I made the drive back home from Calgary in silence, I didn't feel a need to turn the radio on as I needed time and quiet to process the 12 days I spent in Guatemala. These words written above are so true, it is difficult to explain all I experienced but there is a deep knowing. I don't know when or where my travels may take me but I do know that I will do another mission trip as this experience has allowed me to grow more than I could ever have imagined.  Gracias for following me on my 1st ever blog. A few more pics from the trip. Please forgive the errors in this blog as it was either written late at night or on a bumpy road and each time I try to fix them It all gets moved around. For more info about Chalice and their programs go to www.chalice.ca

1.  Our sponsor child Stephany and her Mom outside their home in Champerico
2.  Tricycle Taxi loading up in front of our hotel to take us to the Nutrition Center
3.  Taking care of the babies at the Nutrition Center
4.  Packaging the gifts for the children which we brought in our extra suitcases to be handed out on Sunday at the Community Picnic.
5.  Girls at Orphanage putting on a play for us.
6.  At the Orphanage the girls love to take pictures with your camera. I was instructed on how to pose.
7. To the left Stephany, and her sister on my knee
8.  Everyone thought Cathy n I were Sisters so we bought matching tops.
9.  Elder n I, what a difference from the young shy boy I first met, what a beautiful smile.










1 comment:

  1. Sharon,

    I saw this posted on Chalice's blog, thank you so much for sharing it!

    God Bless!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete